East West Online software delivery within Australia is by Australian Express Parcel Post. The same service is used for small hardware packages. Larger software & hardware items are sent by Australian Registered & Insured (for items over $100) Parcel Post. Deliveries within the Melbourne metro area, Ballarat or Geelong City can be made by Star Couriers at our discretion.
We believe that we have aligned ourselves with excellent delivery partners, but there may be times when, despite their best efforts, parcels are delayed in the delivery process. We will always endeavour to work with our delivery
partners to ensure prompt arrival of your products.
East West Online will exchange or refund goods if they were faulty or malfunctioning when purchased or if they were damaged during transit. Other refunds or exchanges can be made only at our discretion.
Customers N.B.The first step to take in the case of faulty or damaged goods being received is to report the problem to us directly by phone. Obviously sometimes faulty computer systems can be responsible for software and hardware failing to operate and we will cheerfully offer our technical expertise over the phone to avoid unnecessary return freight costs(see below).
For the return of goods because they are faulty or damaged in transit, please ensure the following conditions are met:
- Except where required by law, you must report and return faulty* or damaged goods within 14 days of the invoice date.
If a product is later deemed to be faulty, normal warranty
conditions for that product apply.
- Please contact East-West Online prior to printing the Returns Authorization Form (see below for the link to download a PDF reader Adobe®Reader®), which should be enclosed with the returned goods. If you cannot print this form, please enclose similar informative purchase documentation, with the item to be returned. Obviously we need to identify who you are, and the reason for the product return to expedite the dispatch of replacements.
- For refunds and exchanges the customer returning the goods will be responsible for the cost of return via Registered Mail with Australia Post-unless other arrangements have been negotiated with East West Online. Registered Mail allows us to track your return should it be mislaid in transit and is generally very cost effective
- In the event that you receive a faulty* or damaged product please contact us ASAP and get our authorization to post it back to us by Registered Mail and we will arrange for the postage cost to be refunded to you. The replacement item (subject to availability) will be dispatched to you once we receive the return, at our cost.
*East West Online will endeavour to ensure that faulty products are not shipped to our customers, often by testing the products ourselves before dispatch. In the case of factory sealed equipment however, this not always possible.
Please note that products that are returned but are subsequently found to be non-defective will incur
the delivery costs of returning the item to you and a
refund will not apply for the return postal cost to East West Online.
It is important to discuss a potential return with us directly, as mentioned above.
Generally refunds and exchanges will only be given on a discretionary basis. In the case of a refund being desired by the customer, several options are possible as below:-
- Should a refund be desired for the wrong item before we have shipped it, we can cancel the order and credit your credit card. This will be an expense for us as there are PayPal costs that we will have to bear, so please order carefully.
- If the customer wishes to return a product and it is not damaged, then we can credit your account the purchase amount minus our incurred PayPal charge at our discretion.
The return postal delivery cost will also be at the customer's expense. We require that the product be unused and in a resaleable condition to be returned for the refund.
Please complete the Returns Authorization Form (as above).
To complete an exchange, include the name, variety and cost of the new
product you require on the Returns Authorization Form and include this with the exchanging product. If there is a difference in the
price of the products involved in the exchange, please provide your credit card details (by phone only!) so we can either refund or charge the difference.
As we will have to ship you a new item, we will also
charge an additional shipping fee to post the new product to you. We
require that the returned product be unused and in a resaleable
condition to be returned for an exchange.
For returns, please use this address:
East West Online
P.O. Box 53
Riddells Creek, VIC., 3431
Unless otherwise installed on your PC, a PDF reader program will be required to view our PDF's from our on-line catalog. Click on the Adobe® Reader® icon for the link to a freely downloadable reader.