NUMBERSHARK 5 is Windows and Macintosh* compatible, in both Stand Alone and Download versions.
Note 2. : Numbershark 5 on USB flash drive media is accessed by clicking here.
Note 3. : The White Space® remedial English literacy program Wordshark 5 is also available in both CDROM, Download and USB editions.
View a comprehensive collection of Numbershark 5 videos hosted by White Space by clicking here.
View Numbershark Screenshots as a printer friendly ^PDF by clicking here.
View a brief Numbershark program description as a ^PDF by clicking here.
Numbershark remains a very popular program with anyone improving basic numeracy skills and understanding and for remedial numeracy (for dyscalculia4). The latest version 5 has 9 new games. It will address many difficulties that lead students to dislike maths, including poor:
The effectiveness of Numbershark in addressing these difficulties has lead to an increasing number of Australian schools installing network versions for whole classroom training.
- short-term memory
- attention span
- sequencing skills
The program features around 50 totally different games covering addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Additionally Numbershark 5 has now included 9 new games and new topics (see below) in ways which add meaning and understanding to the operations.
The games are played with your chosen units of work (topics) from a finely graded list of over 500; each topic generates a new set of sums every time you play the game, and printing of a wide range of customisable worksheets is possible for additional reinforcement.
New Topics - covering fractions, decimals and percentages include:
- The units of work or "topics" form the structured course. They address each of the number operations. Topics covering addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole number are broken down into very small steps, isolating one new level of activity at a time. Learned facts are linked to new ones.
- Numbershark generates a new set of "sums" for each topic as it is selected. The games for each topic may be reinforced with a wide range of customisable worksheets.
- Numbers range from zero to seven digits.
- The 500 topics offer a finely graded structured course with clear examples given on screen to help you select appropriate work.
- Each of the topics can be accessed directly.
Note: Decimals are shown visually. Calculations involve all 4 operations for 3 places of decimals.
- the difficulties in recognising and drawing different fractions
- the concept of equivalent fractions and mixed numbers and conversion one to another
- calculations using fractions
More New Topics are:
- Units of measurements - new topics practice conversion between different decimal units of measurement
- Negative numbers - numbers to minus 10 have been introduced on a simple scale and number line.
- Partition - 2 new games use partition to solve addition and multiplication up to 3 digits.
- Printing of worksheets has been extended to include fractions and decimals.
- Administrators can easily set up local currency in Australian $'s for money calculations.
For the teacher:
Managing your students has never been easier. Numbershark 5 allows you to specify and record games and topics for each student. You can also change individual access options such as speed. Help screens can be shown alongside any games as you play them and student's scores can be recorded for monitoring progression and performance. Also, this new version is now multi administrator compatible, allowing work to be set by different teachers for the same students. Many schools are installing the network versions for 10 and >10 concurrent users which also greatly simplifies student record administration.
Interactive white-boards & touch screens: Numbershark (and Wordshark) from release 4 work well with these. Numbershark 5 is accredited for use with the major interactive white-board suppliers, and as far as we are aware works well with all other interactive white-boards.
Numbershark combines motivation and enjoyment within a structured learning process. Its bright colours, animations and choice of games will motivate students and provide them with an enjoyable learning experience.
Easy, compatible and lots of fun.
Suitable for Age 5 to 14.
Minimum System Requirements: click here
Windows and Macintosh* Dual Platform DVD
The Stand Alone (single user) DVD when used in a Macintosh PC must also be in the CD/DVD drive whilst the program is running. The download version is licenc ed to a single computer.
Important Note for Android / Kindle /iPad / Windows 8 RT Tablets & similar:
These are not currently compatible with our large programs, which need a Microsoft or Mac OSX computer, so we are unable to support running on these. However, school technicians may wish to experiment with running remote desktop/RDP from our version 5 networked products to such devices. This has been reported to work, though very dependent on the skills of the technician and the network infrastructure.
Please select either 'Australia Post Express Parcel' or 'Signature on Delivery' for your preferred freight option. After product, quantity (default value is 1) and freight selection click the 'Add to Cart' button. This takes you to the registration & payment pages where you can choose to pay by credit card (secure PAYPAL system) or direct deposit. Customers can also place an order online then phone (038682 9945) their credit card details through to finalise the transaction or simply phone in their complete order details during business hours (9-5.30 Mon-Fri).
School ordering of Single User Packs
Schools, hospitals and other government bodies may fax a purchase order to East West (039017 8931) rather than use the online ordering system. Payment is on receipt of the invoice obtained with the delivered goods. See the table directly below for the final ex. GST price that eligible organisations will pay after recovering the initial GST outlay.
Prices below as from 1/2/17
|No. of Users||Package Contents||Price ex. GST|
|Price inc. GST|
|Single Computer DVD ||DVD, 1 Manual||123.00||135.30|
|Single USB Flash Media Ver.|
click here to order
|USB Flash Drive, 1 Manual
|Single User download by email only. Please contact :[email protected] ||Electronic download and licence||123.00||135.30|
|Five User download by email only. Please contact :[email protected] ||Electronic download and licence||650.00||715.00|
- An independent content and classroom evaluation of Numbershark 4 has recently been published online from www.teemeducation.org.uk.
- A 2009 independent review of Numbershark 4 was published online in www.schoolzone.org.uk.
- A 2014 short buying guide-type of review of Numbershark 5 was published online in Dyslexic.com.
- A recent TimesOnLine article (2006) titled Inside story: dyscalculia which discusses aspects of dyscalculia, but which is now unable to be accessed, is instead able to be viewed online as a ^pdf from East West Online. The DysTalk website is a useful resource for dyscalculia articles and news with a great video presentation by speech and language therapist Jane Emerson.
- An abstract of a paper titled 'The mathematical strengths and weaknesses of children with dyslexia', by Fiona R. Simmons and Chris Singleton is available as a ^download by clicking here. A copy of the full paper is published in J. Research. Spec. Ed. Needs., 2009, 9, 154-163, and can be purchased online from the Wiley Online Library. Select the journal followed by its publication year then the November issue. Scroll down to the second Original Article.
- BETT (British Education & Training Technology), the organisers of the world's largest annual educational technology exhibition in London have published a short online profile of White Space, the developers of Numbershark. See BETT Review.
^Unless otherwise installed on your PC, a PDF reader program will be required to view our PDF's from our online catalog. Click on the Adobe Reader icon for the link to a freely downloadable reader.
|Price Inc. GST: